Tina Sharma Member
About Tina Sharma
Before starting her own law firm, Tina Sharma was a Partner at two large U.S. law firms. Previously, she also served as in-house counsel to a major technology company with more than 9,000 employees. She currently focuses her practice on advising and representing clients with business immigration and family law issues, and has represented a broad range of clients from individuals, such as entertainers and athletes, to technology firms. She counsels clients on a wide range of family law issues and on immigration issues relating to corporate reorganizations, mergers, layoffs, name changes, and public access and I-9 program improvement. In addition, she has extensive experience in matters of consular processing, political asylum, international adoptions, family-based immigration cases, and citizenship.
Tina has written articles for the IndUS Business Journal, a publication focusing on the South Asian business market. Tina earned her J.D. from Fordham University Law School in 1993 after graduating with a B.S. from Georgetown University in 1990. She is admitted to practice in New York, New Jersey, Maryland and Washington, D.C.
Areas of Law
- Admitted in 1994, New York and New Jersey
- 1996, Maryland
- 2005, District of Columbia
Law School Attended
- Fordham University Law School
- Class of 1993, J.D.
- Georgetown University
- Class of 1990, B.S.
- Born in New Delhi, India, September 25, 1968
Associations & Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- Maryland State Bar Association, Inc.
- American Bar Association
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (Vice Chair, Clearinghouse Liaison, Washington District Office of DHS for the DC Chapter)
- Network of Indian Professionals
- Association of American Lawyers.