Experienced Family Law Attorney in Silver Spring, Maryland Assists Prospective Parents
Full range of legal services for individuals and couples in the D.C. metro area
My experience as an attorney has involved a wide range of practice areas, from corporate law to immigration. However, I now choose to focus in areas where I can help resolve urgent issues affecting my clients’ lives, including:
- Divorce — I manage all aspects of contested and uncontested divorce, including alimony, child support, child custody, and property division for traditional and same-sex couples. When appropriate, I perform collaborative divorce services as well.
- Family law — I assist in many matters of family law apart from divorce, including representation for transactions and disputes related to assisted reproduction, and negotiating and drafting prenuptial and postnuptial agreements.
- Adoption — I provide a full range of adoption services for prospective parents pursuing independent adoption, international adoption, or a relative adoption.
In every aspect of my practice, I hope to earn your trust through my diligence and my sincere concern for you and your family.
A full-service adoption practice in the D.C. metro area
As a parent of two adopted children, I fully understand the yearning of prospective parents for the rich fulfillment that comes with welcoming a child into your home through a domestic or international adoption. But I also understand the frustration, anxiety, and complexities of these processes. I founded Law Offices of Tina Sharma to assist others in navigating the choppy waters of the adoption process. When you retain my services, you can count on me to be:
- Dedicated — I’ve been known to work odd hours and overtime to get my clients the results they need.
- Passionate — I am personally invested in your successful outcome.
- Understanding — I am thoroughly aware of the stresses involved in the adoption process and empathize with your struggle.
Through diligent application of my knowledge and experience, I work to spare clients unnecessary distress and expense while leading them to a successful conclusion.
Committed to removing impediments to adoption in Maryland
According to Advocates for Children and Youth, the number of finalized adoptions in Maryland has declined precipitously and steadily from 2011, when 542 adoptions were finalized, to 2015, with only 309 finalized adoptions. I don’t believe this troubling trend reflects a lack of available children or prospective parents.
Silver Spring, with a population of just over 70,000, is a microcosm of the Washington, D.C., metropolitan area that numbers about 6,000,000 people. In Silver Spring, 45 percent of households are nontraditional families and 33.6 percent are individuals living alone. Many of these are committed couples in the LGBT community or single women and men who are eager to consider adoption but are discouraged by what they’ve heard about the difficult, costly process. I hope my efforts can help simplify the process, eliminate unnecessary expenses, and place more children in loving homes.
Contact my Silver Spring office today to discuss how we can fulfill your dreams of adoption.
If you have the desire to adopt a child domestically or internationally, let me provide the legal assistance you need to make that dream a reality. Call Law Offices of Tina Sharma today at 202-899-5871 or contact my Silver Spring office online to schedule an appointment. I am conveniently located downtown just one block away from the Montgomery County courthouse.